Friday, May 20, 2011

Birthday

Author's Note: Today I turn 13 years old.  This poem is to show the true meaning behind a birthday, not just presents and cake.  
 
Today is my birthday,
The day
Where I celebrate my birth
Where I celebrate when I came to life
Where I celebrate history of me

Though presents and parties sound great
It's not what birthdays are about
Though center of attention and praise sound great
It's not what birthdays are for

When I was born
It meant something
When you were born
It meant something
The day a person is born
The world is changed
Each and everyone person made a difference

We are unique
We have our own
Talent,
Use,
And part of someone's life

So a birthday isn't about
Cake, presents, and parties
A birthday is the day to celebrate when we were born
When we changed lives
Happy Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment