Thursday, January 6, 2011

Summer

Author's Note: I am using the five senses (feel, taste, smell, see, hear) to describe summer for me.  I know that it might be odd to write about summer in mid-winter, but I just wanted to write something that can make you feel warm in this frigid weather.  


The green grass tickling my feet as I run through
A delicious frozen treat dripping down my hand
The fresh nature scent surrounding me
I see the smiles on people's faces
And I hear the ice cream truck coming closer

A boiling, bright sun bringing warmth to my skin
Juicy fruit so good I am gobbling down
The smell of fresh cut grass
I can see the birds flying so high
And  hear the waves crashing down near by

Summer fun will soon be the past,
Make the best of it as if it's your last

4 comments:

  1. You don't know how glad I was to see another believer. Thank you so much for that poem, I think we all needed it. At first I thought it was sweet, but when you got to the part about the smell of fresh grass, the poem pulled me in. I loved that line and I thought you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute poem!! I loved it!! Summer is my favorite season and I miss it in the Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how you used the five senses, you did it really well. The feelings were easy to relate to. Thank you for writing this in the middle of winter..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tien (Mai's Sister) said: Great description! It reminds me of California.

    ReplyDelete